Welcome to Visit Guangyu Gao's HomePage
Guangyu(Ryan) Gao (高广宇)
in Linc (Lab of INtelligent Computing) , School of Software, Beijing Institute of Tech.
5 Zhongguancun South Street, Haidian, Beijing, China 100081.
from Oct. 2015, working with Chi Harold Liu.
- Asst. Director, National Lab. of Data Intelligence for China Light Industry (2014 - now)
- Asst. Director, IBM Mainframe Excellence Center (Beijing) (2014 - now)
- Asst. Director, IBM Big Data Technology Center (2014 - now)
- I got my Ph.D. degree on Computer Science and Technology from Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications (BUPT) in 2013, supervised by Huadong Ma.
- I also spent about one year at National University of Singapore as a government-sponsored Joint-Ph.D. student from 2012 to 2013, supervised by Shuicheng Yan.
Email: guangyu.ryan AT gmail.com / guangyugao AT bit.edu.cn
Weibo, Google Scholar Citations
Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Big Data, Multimedia etc.
[A4] Third Class Technology Advancement Award, China National Light Industry Concil, 2016
[A3] IEEE Nominate Video Award at the 12th IEEE International Conference on Ubiquitous Intelligence and Computing (UIC2015)
[A2] IBM 2016 Faculty Awards.
[A1] "The Key Technology and Application of Media Service Collaborative Processing"
Electronic Information and Science Technology Prize by Chinese Institute of Electronics, The First Prize.
Funded Research Projects:
- National Science Foundation of China, "Evolutionary Learning for Celebrity Dataset Construction and
Identification with Video Context", Principal Investigator, 01/2015 ~ 12/2017
- IBM 2017 Faculty Award,"Large Scale Short Video Dataset Construction with LinuxOne", Principal Investigator, 9/2017-3/2018
- People's Liberation Army, "XXX Cloud Platforms for XXX Simulation and Testing", Principal Investigator, 12/2016 ~ 11/2017
- IBM Visiting Scholarship, "Video Cognitive Learning Research with LinuxONE in Big data Environment", Principal Investigator, 09/2016 ~ 12/2016
- Beijing Institute of Technology, "Fundamental University Research Fund", Principal Investigator, 01/2014 ~ 12/2015